Headfirst YesAQ (the 2022 edition)
March 1, 2022
At Headfirst, the answer is YES
This is an alternative to our full FAQ – it’s called a YesAQ. The answer to every question below is YES. Looking for more information? If you have additional questions, please chat with our full-time team in the corner of the screen below!
YES before registration
Can I transfer my registration to a different session?
- By all means! If your schedule changes, we can transfer your registration to a different 2022 session as long as it is more than two weeks prior to camp and there is still room in your desired session.
We know that your summer calendar may still be a work in progress, but we don’t want to let that to prevent you from registering to get the best possible exposure to your target schools this summer – and joining the nearly 400 Honor Roll alumni on 54 high-academic college rosters in 2022.
YES during registration
Can I register to play more than one position?
- Yes! Players can select a primary and secondary position and will have the opportunity to play at both during games. Playing time will vary based on the positions you select – please contact our team for a specific breakdown of each position.
Can I set up a customized payment plan?
- Of course! We offer flexible payment plans that allow you register with a minimum deposit and pay your balance in monthly installments prior to camp. To register with this option, please contact our team to set up a personalized payment schedule.
Can I update my test scores and GPA after registering?
- Absolutely – after registering, you will receive a confirmation email that allows you to access your profile and update your information. You can also email, chat or call our team with the your updated test scores and GPA and we’re happy to update it for you.
Can I adjust my information after registering if anything changes?
- Definitely. It is crucial that student-athletes’ academic and contact information that gets to coaches before and during camp is complete and correct. You can update all of your information after registering with the exception of your position(s). To ensure that each player gets enough time on the field, each of our camps has position-specific capacity. If you’d like to ask about changing your position, please email, chat or call us – if there is still space at the position, we’d be happy to make that switch for you.
Will all the programs listed on your website be in attendance?
- 100% – All of the schools and coaches listed on our website have (double-) confirmed their attendance this summer. We update our confirmed coaches list regularly whenever we add new coaches or if there are any changes to the schools already confirmed. Barring any unexpected circumstances prior to camp, we guarantee these schools will be in attendance.
YES at camp
Am I able to play multiple positions at camp?
- Of course! Players can select a primary and secondary position and will have the opportunity to play at both spots during games. Players can only play at one position during the defensive showcase, but can select any position they want. If your primary position is sold out for your desired camp, you can register under a different position and still showcase at your primary position. As an example, if you are a MIF/OF and MIF is sold out, you can still showcase as a MIF during the defensive showcase. However, during games you will receive the majority of your playing time at your registered primary position (OF in the example above). Playing time at your primary and secondary positions during games will vary based on the positions you select – please contact our team for a specific breakdown of each position.
Do I have the opportunity to interact with every coach in attendance?
- Absolutely – our game matrix is designed to provide every student-athlete the opportunity to interact with the coaches on their list. In addition to having the chance to engage directly with coaches in the dugout and on the field during games, our showcase schedule is designed to ensure that players and coaches will each have an unassigned period in the schedule where they have the chance to connect. We post these coach assignments during camp so that you can find the coaches you’re looking for – and if you ever need help finding a coach during the showcase, just ask our dedicated Headfirst team and we will be able to tell you where they will be for each game.
There is also a dedicated player/coach meet-and-greet on day 2 of camp to guarantee as much facetime as possible with college coaches over the two days of camp. On Day 1 of camp, there is also a positional practice session, with each position group led in drills and skills by the college coaches, giving another great opportunity to engage directly with coaches.
Are coaches in the dugout and on the field during camp?
- Yes – it’s key to the Headfirst experience. Just as the players are scheduled to play every other game during camp, coaches are assigned to fields on a similar schedule. Coaches can fill a variety of roles during the games – including bench coach, third base coach, field instructor, and pitching evaluator – allowing them to provide direct instruction to the players on the field and in the dugout. Putting coaches in the dugouts with student-athletes also provides the opportunity for both sides to get to know one another, and for players to show coaches who they are as an all-around student-athlete and teammate, on and off the field.
Do I have the opportunity to play in front of different coaches each game?
- Definitely. Players rotate fields for every game to ensure that they play in front of a different group of coaches for every game. We also rotate which coaches are assigned to fields during the early games and late games between Day 1 and Day 2 to ensure that coaches can effectively scout and evaluate every single player at camp, and so that you as a student-athlete have the chance to play in front of every coach during the two days of camp.
Is there programming for parents throughout camp?
- Of course! Parents are welcome – and encouraged – to stay at the complex during camp. There will be several all-camp meetings run by Headfirst senior leadership and a dedicated parents’ recruiting panel on Day 2 of camp that concludes with a live Q&A. These informational sessions are designed to provide families with the guidance and insight to help advance their recruiting process well after camp has ended.
Do coaches receive my academic information prior to camp?
- Absolutely – it’s super important to coaches in the recruiting process. We provide all coaches with the academic information that you include on your profile. Coaches at these schools are not just recruiting you as a player, but are looking at who you are as an all-around student-athlete. Providing them with your academic information helps them get a better understanding of who you are off the field. If you do not have some of these test scores during your registration or wish to update them later on, you will be able to access your profile before camp to make sure they’re up to date.
Do coaches receive my objective measurements at camp?
- Yes. We take several objective measurement during the showcase portion of camp – including home-to-first, overhand velocity and batted ball velocity – that are circulated to all coaches in attendance. Each coach in attendance will receive these metrics while at camp and also via email to share with the rest of their coaching staff.
Do coaches receive advanced analytics at and after camp?
- Yes. In addition to the objective measurements that we collect at camp, all coaches also receive the in-game pitching evaluations collected and written up by college coaches on each field during the gameplay on both days of camp.
YES after camp
Will coaches receive my contact information to follow up after camp?
- At least twice. We provide all coaches with the contact information that you list on your profile via email and through a digital database, so that they have the opportunity to contact you after camp.
Can I receive my objective measurements?
- Players can receive their objective measurements by emailing email@example.com after camp or by using the chat feature on our website. Please include your last name, jersey number, and which session you attended so that we can get your measurements to you as quickly as possible.
YES – Headfirst has a proven track record of recruiting results, with 376 student-athletes on 54 different high-academic rosters in the 2022 season alone.